Vancouver, B.C., May 31, 2023 – Ximen Mining Corp. (TSX.v: XIM) (FRA: 1XMA) (OTCQB: XXMMF) (the “Company” or “Ximen”) is pleased to provide an update on activities at its Kenville Gold Mine project in southeastern BC.
The Company has received its final permits under the Mines Act and Environmental Management Act and is now commencing engineering and other technical studies to meet conditions specified in the permits that are required prior to starting mine development. Current activities include:
- Hydrogeological assessment and selection of sites for two ground water monitoring wells (the wells will be drilled once the selected sites are approved)
- Commissioned engineering design of contact water capture and conveyance for area of new portal and rock dump
- Initial engineering review and assessment of drainage channel
- Filed application for explosives storage and use permit (site inspection to be arranged)
- Initiated mine engineering detailed design drawings for mine excavations including drill cut-outs, re-muck cut-outs, safety bays and sumps
- On-going water flow monitoring
The engineering and environmental works are required to be completed and approved prior to starting underground mine development. The Company is addressing these items concurrently in anticipation of starting underground as soon as possible.
Technical disclosure in this news release has been approved by Dr. Mathew Ball, P.Geo., a Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101 and VP Exploration for Ximen Mining Corp.
On behalf of the Board of Directors,
Christopher R. Anderson,
President, CEO and Director
Investor Relations: Sophy Cesar, 604-488-3900, ir@XimenMiningCorp.com